[Gvsig_english] saving project storing relative path names to layer sources

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Thu Jan 3 09:01:51 CET 2008

And don't use ESRI GeoDB either - apart from significant technical shortcomings it is *deliberately* proprietary and intended to make it difficult to move away from the ESRI stack - I would strongly urge looking at PostgreSQL with PostGIS as a enterprise spatial DB solution, or, if you have money to burn and an organisational need for big brands, Oracle Spatial. That way you will at least have an easier time choosing to deploy different spatial solutions (such as the excellent gvSIG ;) ).

Regards

Chris