[Gvsig_english] my svg images failed to work in gvsig

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 4 10:08:12 CET 2008

Hi Fran,

I thank you very much for your suggestions.

I kept all the images in black because I thought that the colour, in the future, could be changed within the programme (for instance, like you can do with arcgis 9). Besides, to me, black it's more professional.
At present, it seems to me, that if you want to change the colour of some svg images you must do that with Inkscape before importing them.

I tried to import in gvsig the meteorology symbology that you can download for free at http://www.gfoss.it/drupal/simboli
and everything works fine even tough they are svg and I did them with Inkscape together with the North arrows.

In my opinion, it would be really helpful for gvsig to have a good symbology by default. In the future, there are plenty of images that could be included without too much pain. For instance, you can have a look at http://www.openclipart.org/
This move could be contribute to reduce the gap between arcgis and gvsig.

I will look at my North arrows images in the weekend with an other software and I'll let you know.
To me, It would be really a pleasure if, the best of them, could be included in some future gvsig version.

Best regards

Silvio Grosso