[Gvsig_english] New set of North arrows symbols for Gvsig

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:21:50 CET 2008

Hi Silivio.

I've fixed 2 of your symbols as an example. I attach them to this email.

These are the steps (I've used InkSkape)

1.- Erase Defs (see the image erase_defs.png)
2.- Open Document Properties and change the width and height to PIXELS
(450x500 px)
3.- Center the drawing on the page (Scale, move, etc).
4.- Save .svg.
5.- Open with a text editor (for example, UltraEdit, or notepad)
6.- Add a line before width and height definition:
            viewBox="0 0 450 500"
(about line 11)
7.- Save the file, and that's all. You can put the file on northimages
folder, and everything should work fine.

Hope this helps.

(Mario, please,  put this information on the web ;-) ).

Silvio, thank you very much for your work, and you are right, it would
be a good improvement to allow changing the color on north arrows. And
check what's happening with texts, too.
Have fun, and keep going.

Fran Peñarrubia.
gvSIG team.