[Gvsig_english] gvsig, databases and multiuser-access::current status and plans

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 14:23:22 CET 2008

Hi list,
some colleagues asked me, whether gvsig would allow multiuser-usage of a
single database. They told me that there was a function in a former used
program (SICAD), where it was possible to "lock" layers (or a limited spatial
extent of that layer) for other users during editing.
Additionally, ESRI's ArcSDE seems to provide a similar functionality. I would
be happy, if gvSIG's developers could provide some comments about this issue.

Best regards,
Wolfgang