[Gvsig_english] gvsig and postgis-view::no geometry column available?

Jose Vicente Higon josevicente.higon at iver.es
Mon Jan 21 17:14:13 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Qual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net>
To: "Jose Vicente Higon" <josevicente.higon at iver.es>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:20:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gvsig_english] gvsig and postgis-view::no geometry column
available?

> Hi Jose Vicente,
> well, I did not do this. Now, I tried to add a record using
> AddGeometryColumn,
> but it seems not to be possible:
>
> gvsig=> create view abfall_view (legende,legende_kurz) as select
> leg_code,leg_neu,the_geom from abfallanlage_neu;
> CREATE VIEW
> gvsig=> select AddGeometryColumn
> ('abfall_view','the_geom',31468,'POINT',2);
> FEHLER:  »abfall_view« isn't a table
>
> Maybe I am missing something....
>
> Best regards,
> Wolfgang

The postgis function addgeometrytable adds a geomtry column in and table
and creates the record in the geometry_column. But, you already have a
table with a column which contains geometries so you only have to add a
new register in the geometry_column. You must do something like this:
insert into geometry_columns
values('','myschema','mytable','mycolumn',2,4326,'MULTIPOLYGON')

Greetings