[Gvsig_english] Installing gvSIG 1.1.1 (or 1.1) on Ubuntu 8.04 fails

Marc Belzunces marcbel at softcatala.org
Thu Jul 24 21:46:23 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to install gvSIG 1.1.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 , but it failed.

The problem is with Java (as first step). I did "chmod +x" and "sudo
./" to the bin package, from my user folder. When gvSIG tries to
download it, the error message "The JRE could not be setup" appears. I
have java 1.6 from medibuntu repository.

I also tried to install Java packages from gvSIG webpage, but the JAI
Image I/O is not installable (corrupted or some related problem).

Any solution?

--

Marc Belzunces