[Gvsig_english] Add on OLE Driver to have an access by ODBC toadatabase

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Jun 3 17:05:12 CEST 2008

Hello, Alphonse

Sorry, I didn't realize that it is actually possible to connect to an Excel file from gvSIG. I have done it using always lower case for the names:

I have a file called excel_file.xls with a sheet called sheet1 and I have created an ODBC item called excel_odbc in the 'Administration tools' section of the Windows Control panel.

In gvSIG, I have used the 'Table - New - Database' option, and the parameters are:

Database: excel_odbc
Table: [sheet1$]
(All other parameters empty)

The name of the table is the name of the sheet with the dollar symbol and between brackets. If you sheet is called foo, the table name will be [foo$]

In this way, you can add an Excel file to your gvSIG project as a table.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68