[Gvsig_english] Problem when opening a project, when datasource-path has changed

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Wed Jun 4 09:59:54 CEST 2008

Dear developers,
I just noticed that you run into serious problems when one of your data-sources was moved to another folder and you try to re-open the gvSIG-project. I would expect that gvSIG tells me that something is missing, and prompts me to specify the new path to that (for example) shapefile. But gvSIG just prints out an error message. I could not find a hint in the logfile (attached).
It would be really good (and important) to add a function that gives the user the option to specify the new/correct path of the datasources that have been moved. Please think also about making it possible to hand over a project including shapefiles to some other persons on CD-ROM (relative path names...).

I would be really glad, if you could add this to gvSIG.
Best regards,
Wolfgang

--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de