[Gvsig_english] Proposal for two new shorctus in the upcoming gvSIG 2 version

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jun 6 10:41:59 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I would like to propose two little improvements for the already wonderful gvSIG software.

Both of them are simple shortcuts.
The first one could be applied to the pan function for a view or a map.
In Gimp and Photoshop (and now in Quantum Gis as well) it is possible to move (pan) an image by pressing, at the same time, the spacebar on the keyboard and  the left mouse button (obviously you have to move the mouse as well to move the image).
In my opinion, it is faster than moving the mouse upward on the tool bar to click on the pan icon to start panning.
Besides, in gvSIG, you have to click on the same icon a second time to stop panning.

The second shortcut I miss very much in gvSIG is the possibility to switch fast from a view to a map (or a table).
As everybody knows, in MIcrosoft Windows you can move between windows by pressing, at the same time, the Alt button plus the tabulator on the keyboard to open them.
In my opinion, it is much faster than moving the mouse. Especially because this operation is frequently used.
Maybe, a possible shortcut to switch between windows in gvSIG could be CTR+tabulator?

By the way, I have been reading this mailing list as a daily basis and I must confess I am really impressed by all the new features planned for the upcoming gvSIG 2 version.
gvSIG really rocks!

Thanks very much for all your work :-)

Best regards

Silvio