[Gvsig_english] Proposal for two new shorctus in the upcoming gvSIG2 version

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Fri Jun 6 11:45:46 CEST 2008

Hi Silvio,

regarding your first proposal about the pan, it's been previously proposed (I think it was Wolfgang Qual who made this proposal). It's been registered, and pending to be done. It should be included in the next package of enhancements to be done, but AFAIK it's not included in the next version which it's taking several months of development. I agree it's a simple and helpful suggestion.

About the second suggestion. There are initiatives to improve some features related to usability. One of those was to include keyboard mnemonics or shortcuts. One idea could be to add these menmonics to every menu option, as it's usual according to Sun's Java Look & Feel Design Guidelines [1]. So you could access your View window, by selecting Window Menu (ALT + W for instance), and then ALT + N, being N, the number of window using open order. This is what I usually use in most applications, I think it's faster than repeating CTRL + TAB until you get to the desired window, and follows the usual applications behaviours.

Thanks for your proposals, they are what push the project forward.

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/

Regards,

Miguel Montesinos
Director Técnico