[Gvsig_english] GVsig mobile - gps

Patti Giuseppe geognu at infinito.it
Wed Jun 25 11:29:02 CEST 2008

Usually you won't be able to get those datas from bt antennas (I mean
the small black boxes usually suitables for car navigation), but you can
for sure get instances from garmin, magellan and trimble devices,
eventually connected trough bt, serial or usb to a device. The idea is
to buy e.g. a garmin etrex (a low cost solution) and have a way to save
trough gvsig mobile the raw incoming data, then do the post-processing.
You shuold take a look at the producer's page to get it, e.g. this one
http://www.trimble.com/pathfinderproxh.shtml you'll that the device is
able to receive and store the data needed for post processing. Plus
there is an SDK.....