[Gvsig_english] Digitize a Paper Map - Vector Objects

Marco A. the_ghostwalker at web.de
Thu Jun 26 17:33:26 CEST 2008

José Antonio Canalejo Alonso wrote:

> Hello Marco,
> you can`t make it now with gvSIG but new digitizing methods are going to
> be implemented in next versions.
> Did you take a look to geoprocessings functions: erase, clip, union,...?
> Regards
> José A. Canalejo

Hello José

I had take a look to the geoprocessing tools, especialy to clip function.
But the functions are mostly used for complete layers, i know that also
selected objects can be clipped against each other, but the result is a new
layer, which would produce a hugh amount of files which must be brought
together at the end of digitizing job. I am not very sure what happend to
the unselected objects in the layers which i want clip against each other.
Thank you a lot for fast answer.
At which time this function would be integrated within these great software
?

Marco