[Gvsig_english] Remote PostGIS and 1.1.2

Thomas Gunzelmann Tom.Gunzelmann at t-online.de
Wed Mar 5 21:40:20 CET 2008

Hi All,

Remote PostGIS connections didn't work for me with gvSIG 1.1.1. I told
this to list some days ago with a reaction. Now, with 1.1.2 I've got
some new hope, because the improvements section says that Reading
problems withs layer with over 20000 records are corrected. I have
tables with about 80.000 records and a relativly slow network
connection. But it works wih Quantum, UDig et al.

With 1.1.1 I could see the tables und the field names, but no
geometries, with 1.1.2 I'm sometimes able even to load the geometries,
but moving around in the view or zooming breaks the connection and
freezes gvSIG.

The log-file, which was where small with this operations on 1.1.1 is now
very big. You may have a look on it under

http://www.thomas-gunzelmann.net/dateien/gvSIG.log

Hope, somebody has an idea!

Best regards
Tom Gunzelmann