[Gvsig_english] Remote PostGIS and 1.1.2

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:50:56 CET 2008

Hi, Thomas.

I think it's a problem related to AutomaticDataSource, a class that is
used when Table is visualized. We are searching a way to avoid using
this class, but it is still a "work in progress" :-(

I suppose the only workarround you can try is not open alphanumeric data
(Table view) if your connection is slow. Or export the layer to shp file
in local, and work in local :-(.

I know, it's a bad solution. I hope in gvSIG 2.0 we will do it better.
Sorry for the inconveniences.

If the layer works "well" (slow, but with no errors) only rendering,
please, let us know.

Best regards, and thanks in advance.

Fran.
gvSIG team.