[Gvsig_english] problems running gvsig_mobile

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Mar 25 09:45:28 CET 2008

Hello, Geog

Frankly, Easter eggs bore me :-) I hope your Easter was great too.

GolfScoreTrackerApp is the demo application that comes with J9, so your problem is that the virtual machine J9 is not running on your PDA. You have to check that GolfScoreTrackerApp works fine before using gvSIG Mobile.

- Maybe your PDA cannot use J9 (I don't think this is the case). Which PDA are you using?
- Maybe you have not copied well the J9 folder.

Are you sure that you have enough room in the memory of your PDA to copy the J9 folder? (maybe it was not copied completely).
Try to create the J9 folder again, maybe you lost some files.

If it still does not work, read this:

PDAs running Windows Mobile 2003 usually have (I don't know if all of them) an internal memory card (which cannot be removed easily). In the root of the PDA that special card is represented as a special folder (with a special icon) in the root of your PDA called \LOOX-Store or \SD-Store or something like that (do not confuse with another special folder that exists if your PDA has an SD card - the ones that can be removed easily). What I wanted to say is this: gvSIG Mobile can also work if J9 is copied in the first special folder (the one called \LOOX-Store or \SD-Store or somethinmg like that). So you can also try to copy the J9 folder in that special folder, like this:

\LOOX-Store\J9\PPRO11\...
(or something a little different in the place of \LOOX-Store)

If you want, you can tell me the names of the folder that you have in the root of your PDA (Windows, My Documents, ... what else?)

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68