[Gvsig_english] problems running gvsig_mobile

Tue Mar 25 10:03:42 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm using:

Casio IT 10,
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition (Version 4.21.1088)

What you mean with "internal memory card" is called in my case:
FlasDisk

The folders under My Device are:

application data
connmgr
flashdisk
my documents
j9
profiles
program files
sd card
temp
windows

geog

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:45:28 +0100
> Von: "Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio" <jldominguez at prodevelop.es>
> Betreff: RE: [Gvsig_english] problems running gvsig_mobile

> Hello, Geog
>
> Frankly, Easter eggs bore me :-) I hope your Easter was great too.
>
> GolfScoreTrackerApp is the demo application that comes with J9, so your
> problem is that the virtual machine J9 is not running on your PDA. You have
> to check that GolfScoreTrackerApp works fine before using gvSIG Mobile.
>
> - Maybe your PDA cannot use J9 (I don't think this is the case). Which PDA
> are you using?
> - Maybe you have not copied well the J9 folder.
>
> Are you sure that you have enough room in the memory of your PDA to copy
> the J9 folder? (maybe it was not copied completely).
> Try to create the J9 folder again, maybe you lost some files.
>
> If it still does not work, read this:
>
> PDAs running Windows Mobile 2003 usually have (I don't know if all of
> them) an internal memory card (which cannot be removed easily). In the root of
> the PDA that special card is represented as a special folder (with a
> special icon) in the root of your PDA called \LOOX-Store or \SD-Store or
> something like that (do not confuse with another special folder that exists if your
> PDA has an SD card - the ones that can be removed easily). What I wanted
> to say is this: gvSIG Mobile can also work if J9 is copied in the first
> special folder (the one called \LOOX-Store or \SD-Store or somethinmg like
> that). So you can also try to copy the J9 folder in that special folder, like
> this:
>
> \LOOX-Store\J9\PPRO11\...
> (or something a little different in the place of \LOOX-Store)
>
> If you want, you can tell me the names of the folder that you have in the
> root of your PDA (Windows, My Documents, ... what else?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
> Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
> Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68
> http://www.prodevelop.es <http://www.prodevelop.es/>

> Enviado el: mar 25/03/2008 7:58
> Para: gvsig gvsig
> Asunto: [Gvsig_english] problems running gvsig_mobile
>

> Good morning,
>
> I hope your Easter was great and you found so many colourful eggs
> like we did.
>
> And now, gvsig_mobile problem:
>

> 1.)
> \gvSIGMobile\log\
>
> my logfile is not there (\gvSIGMobile\log\), I'll find it
> under \gvsigMobile ???
>
> gvSIG mobile launch log file:
> Registry was read successfully...
> Checking if J9 is in root...
> YES!
> Truncating, aux.npos = -1
> Truncating, first = 3
> Truncating, Resp = \J9
> J9 path truncated: \J9
> Writing start.opt file with good paths...
> Composing launch parameters...
> J9 params = "-Xoptionsfile=\gvSIGMobile\start.opt"
> [...]

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free