[Gvsig_english] Java 1.5 problem (related to previous Projection post)

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 00:54:11 CET 2008

I am on an Ubuntu 7.10 box. As noted in my previous post, I was having
problems reprojecting when I had gvSIG running under Java 1.6. I was
running 1.6 because that was installed for other reasons and the java
that comes with gvSIG would not work on my computer. Just now, I
uninstalled gvSIG, installed java 1.5, and reinstalled gvSIG. Now, under
1.5, I am having the same problems I had with the version of java that
comes with gvSIG. They are:

(1) Program can not be made to fill the screen.

(2) Most dialogue boxes are empty.

I am not really sure where to go to figure out this problem. I am using
the java 1.5 that is downloadable from my distro's repositories AND the
1.5 with gvSIG does not work.

-Marcus