[Gvsig_english] gvsig on Ubuntu 7.10

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 01:20:55 CET 2008

Can someone please tell me how they got gvSIG to run properly on Ubuntu
7.10? I have tried installing on three separate computers running 7.10
with the required Java 1.5.x and it does not work. Program starts out
small in the upper left-corner... if I try to expand it to full screen,
the blue part (the only part of the gvSIG program box that actually has
contents) stays the same original small size. Most of the dialogue boxes
do not work, including preferences, the close program dialogue... I had
it working seemingly correctly on Java 1.6, but came to find out that my
problems with getting data in different projections into the same
coordinate space was likely because i was running java 1.6. I have tried
both the java 1.5 in synaptic and the 1.5 that comes with gvSIG.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Marcus