[Gvsig_english] Projection on the fly

Mijail hmijail at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:35:28 CEST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I move from os10,3 to os 10,5 on my new mac.  I install again
> yesterday the 1,1,2 version.  It's start fine but, when I create a
> simple projet I find it verry slow... to show the map.  Maybe my
> memory was not good, but seem faster on 10,3 on a slower mac.

Please, give us some more information. What is contained in the map?
And, which exactly is your mac?
Did you create the same kinds of maps in your old mac?

> Anyway, in my previous attemp, I mixte shapefile with various
> projections.  I work fine, if I remember correctly.  Yesterday I try
> the same but... no reprojection on the fly.  So my utm data, when
> zoom to layer are show in meters at the right coordinates (read at
> the lower right info bar).  The canvec data GCS_North_American_1983
> show also the right info in the dd format.
>
> So first why two type of info.  Normaly, in esri anyway, the info
> show by default the view setting not the shape projection?  Whith
> arcmap 9,2 you can display your info in and other format you
> specifie but...
>
> Second, when my view is in utm, in the scale, when I zoom to all my
> canvec data... 031G09, the scale is 1:1 but in my utm data, verry
> small shape, I found 1 : 7000.  Look like the canvec
> GCS_North_American_1983 projection is not interpreted correctly or
> something is wrong with the reprojection.
>
> I change my utm view, for the same projection of the canvec data,
> and then it was ok at first and after less than 10 sec. the lat long
> info change by itself to something like meters info.  But with lat
> long prefixe.  It's like it try to show my first shape layer who is
> in utm projection.  Zoom to layer give me back to the lat long info.
>
> So utm or dd change nothing in my layers.  I can't have the two type
> show one on top of the others like I had before.

Not sure about these. Some other colleague on the list will surely
answer that.

> Also on the mac, the propriety windows is not expandable so...
> impossible to know the meaning of the 2 lowers button, since the
> labeling is not show.

This is a known bug which we are trying to fix, along some others of
the same kind.