[Gvsig_english] Select features by location

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun May 11 19:10:42 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if is it possible to select a feature by its location regarding its spatial relationships to other features, whether in another layer or in the same layer?

In Arcgis 9, for instance, you can select the cities in a vector layer when: they are a distance of, touch the boundary of, are identical to, contain, intersect and so on.

I read the latest gvSIG's roadmap regarding the vector part. Maybe I am wrong, but I didn't find anything planned like the feature in Arcgis.

Is there anything planned for the future?
Is there a workaround to do such a thing with gvSIG at present?

By the way, keep up the excellent work (gvSIG really rocks!).

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso