[Gvsig_english] question regarding high-quality printouts

Marcel St-Germain pvmstg at videotron.ca
Wed May 14 12:46:53 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Yes, the ability to have professionnal printout in big format is verry
needed.  So export in tiff or other format is a needed.  Also...
support for pdf/x et co is also a plus.  For Silvio, you can draw
arrow in arcgis.  I use it often... I also put arrow on shape line
so... it's there.

But, even in professionnal, big money software like arcgis, printing
is a problem.  With arcgis... if you have a bitmap layer, all layers
below are transform in bitmaps even if they are vector.  You can see
things in the computer screen but when printing... in pdf, tiff or
others ways, nothing show.  So... nothing is perfect...

Marcel

ps.... keep the good works.