[Gvsig_english] question regarding high-quality printouts

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed May 14 09:18:29 CEST 2008

Well, try self-responding (haha):
I think, svg-export would be very very great to have. Scaleable would allow
any size of the desired printout, files could be processed before importing
into a dtp using inkscape etc. As shapefiles are vector-based, it would be
someway logical to allow the user to export to a vector-based (image)-format.

The export to imagefile (within the view of gvSIG) only produces very small
image files (just like screenshots, I think). Furthermore, it would be
helpful, if different components of a map (layout) could be exported
separately or in a format that allows later separation. Otherwise, it will be
hard to "compose" a map within the dtp program.

As usual, *your* comments are appreciated very much.
Best regards,
Wolfgang