[Gvsig_english] Problems with aerial photographs in ArcIMS/WMS

Jorge Sanz jsanz at prodevelop.es
Thu May 15 10:36:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

We've been testing the server but we can't reproduce the error. Watching ESRI forums, it seems that the error is appearing because the server has a timeout that the server is reaching because gvSIG tries to get the biggest images the server can output. If you see the server metadata, that server (http://gisdata.usgs.net) specifies 8million pixels as a maximum size (witch is really huge).

Can you create a copy of your project, remove all your local data and send it to us just to try to reproduce the problem? (just to test with your layouts and arcims layers).

Another thing that could help is to send the entire log file and maybe the last xml file ArcIMS is serving to you with the error ([ERR0143] Server not available for Service: USGS_EDC_Ortho_Urban.). Those temp files are in linux located I think in /tmp/tmp-andami

Best regards
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía