[Gvsig_english] digitizing: pan and attribute editing

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 23 11:49:43 CEST 2008

Thanks for the answers ! Remarks inline:

On 23/05/08 09:55, Sergio Clark wrote:
 > It's possible to make zooms while editing (digitizing) using the mouse
 > scroll button (also with the zoom icons when you're drawing a polyline).
 >
 > For use pan, it's also possible with pan icon while you're drawing
 > polylines, but not with simple lines. Steps are: polyline icon, drawing,
 > pan icon, move, and polyline icon again to continue with the same
polyline.

Yes, polyline works great. Thanks. And actually zooming out and then in
will mouse scroll also serves as panning, so this even works with the
other tools.

>>> 2) When I finish digitizing an object I would expect the table or some
>>> input form to come up to allow me to add the relevant attributes for
>>> that
>>> object. Is there a way to make this happen ?

On 23/05/08 10:00, Fran wrote:
 > 2.- Not yet. You can put table ON TOP of other windows (Open attribute
 > table and Window -> Change to palette) but I think is not really very
 > useful. In my opinion, we should spend more time improving edition.

The "Change to palette" trick to keep the table window up front is
already very useful, thanks ! But could someone explain to me why this
is called "change to palette" ? Not very intuitive as a title... Or is
the fact that the table window stays up front just a lucky side-effect
of the change to palette, whatever that is ?

Moritz