[Gvsig_english] Copy and paste

Ana Alfonso alfonso_anacaa at gva.es
Mon May 26 08:59:17 CEST 2008

Hi Marcus,

I don't Know how to copy features in PostGis database from one file and
paste them into another file. But you can do it with gvSIG.

When you're editing a table of attributes, functions Copy, Cut and Paste
(which are into the Table menu) do a copy (or cut) of all register or
registers you've selected (not only a cell), and paste it/them at the
end of the table.

If you want only to copy a simple record (a cell) you can select it and
do Ctrl+c or Ctrl+x and then paste it in another record of your field
(selecting it before) with Ctrl+V.

So I think copy many records and paste them in another position it's not
possible (it's only possible doing this one by one, or copy many whole
registers and paste them always at the end of your table)

On the other hand, you have the Field Calculator tool, which has more
possibilities, but I think not for copy/paste records in a same field.

Best regards,