[Gvsig_english] gps points with inverted commas in the view

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu May 29 13:56:43 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem when I import some gps point
in gvSIG.

First of all, I create a csv file with my gps points
thanks to OpenOffice Calc version 2.4 installed on
Windows xp.
My csv file has three columns: a label, x gps
coordinate, y gps coordinate.
I import my points in the gvSIG'S view (as a layer
event)and all of them are in the right position.
The problem happens when I try to put a label for my
points.
All of them are among inverted commas in the gvSIG's
table.
As a consequence, in the view and, afterwards, in the
map: I get "Turin", "Naple" and so on.
The inverted commas are not fine to export as pdf :-(

The strange thing is that if I create the same csv
file with Microsoft Excel the inverted commas are not
inserted in my labels in the view.
They are not present in the gvSIG's table either.
In short, in the gvSIG's view the labels are without
inverted commas: Turin, Naple and so on.

Obviously, I can always use Excel to create the csv
file.
None the less, I am wondering if is there a workaround
to work with OpenOffice Calc?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Silvio