[Gvsig_english] Experiences with gvSIG and gvSIGMobile onultramobile PCs

Jorge Sanz jsanz at prodevelop.es
Wed Nov 5 11:09:17 CET 2008

Hi Juangui, all

Nice screenshots!

I prefer "netbook" term for those really small and cheap PC but without touch screen, UMPC are really expensive, usually without physical keyboard and Windows Vista :O

I have an Acer Aspire ONE with 9'' 1024x600 screen, 512MB of RAM and Limpus (a Fedora based distro). When I installed gvSIG I experienced a really annoying bug starting the JVM. It's a known bug related with a native library called XCB.

Just for the records, I solved it using the workaround proposed on that page, replacing some texts on a library of the JVM

sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' $JVM_HOME/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so

Anyway, gvSIG Desktop looks nice on a 1024 screen, and using Alt key to move big dialogs is enough for me.

I haven't tried gvSIG mobile on it yet :)
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía