[Gvsig_english] enc data

pvmstg pvmstg at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 23:03:14 CEST 2008

Hi developper

When reading I saw that ogr part of gdal offer translation from s57
IHO S-57 (ENC) Translation.  Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer.  So
I whant to know if someone is thinking about making and extension for
gv_sig to transform s57 files to maybe a postgis database...  If I
read correctly (my english is not to good http://home.gdal.org/projects/s57/index.html)
, the script, when transfering in shp, lost some info... Could it be
possible to export in other format to prevent that...?

I realy hope it will be possible to make maps from enc s57 data
similar as the Noaa enc data handler provide for arcview3, 8 and 9.

Also, Esri make a statement about releasing API to be able to read and
write filegeodatabase after the release of arcmap9.3.  Do these API
available and if yes, do you plan to include it in the next version v2
of gv_sig.

Thanks

Marcel