[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2: trivial remark about 2 icons

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 9 13:14:51 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am trying the gvSIG 2 beta version (build 1211) on Windows xp home edition within a Virtualbox installation to not "harm" my computer.

I noticed all icons are changed (View, Table, Map and so on).
I do like them very much!

I am a little worried as an Italian translator of the gvSIG' manual because we'll have to take all screenshots again (we Italians are often labelled as "lazy" :-D).

The new theme looks like "Windows xp" but I suppose you can tweak it, for instance,  in Linux Ubuntu to make it a little bit "neutral".

Speaking seriously, the only tiny remark is about 2 icons in the map. That is, the two ones for export to pdf/ps.
In my opinion, the ones in the gvSIG 1 series were more readable (black text  on a white background).
See my screenshot attached.

I know there are plenty of tools to increase the visibility both on Windows and Linux.
Most of all, when you use often gvSIG you know all icons' positions by heart...

Keep up the wonderful work.

I am looking forward to try the upcoming stable version

Best regards

Silvio

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail:
Trucchi, novità e scrivi la tua opinione.
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog