[Gvsig_english] First impression about the gvSIG's 2 beta version

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Fri Oct 10 16:30:05 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I also downloaded the new beta. Many thanks for making that first snapshot
available to the community. Some comments from my side:

General:
+   I really like that status bar under the splash screen. Useful!
-    drop down field for layers in the toolbar is not working - what is it
planned for?
+/-  Buttons look nice, but some are hard to read
- could not load line or polygon themes. Got an error message. Therefore,
symboloy editor could not be tested for those features.
+   double-click to enter properties menu is good
-    edit mode could not be started in context menu in TOC.

Symbology:
I am really looking forward to testing the new features of that aspect.
+ symbol editor looks promising.
+ very cool to enable user to combine some standard symbols to new symbol
? will it be possible to really draw new symbols? Will it be possible to add
TTF-files as symbols?
- it is only working with lines at the moment (se above)
- colour schemes are a little bit 'jumbled up'. What's the purpose of all
these schemes (would be nice to add some more 'calm' ones or: can the user
add schemes on his/her own)?

Will sextante and all other extensions be integrated in 2.0?

Best,
Wolfgang