[Gvsig_english] First impression about the gvSIG's 2 beta version

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 7 16:09:28 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am trying the gvSIG 2 beta version (the build 1211 for windows with all the java requirement).
I installed it in a brand new Virtualbox 2.0. 2 installion with Windows xp professional as guest.

I discovered its exitence in the Spanish malinling list (the link is: http://runas.cap.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_usuarios/2008-October/006227.html).
I must confess I am impressed. It really looks good, even tough, at first, it is a little difficult to get the hang of some functions without a proper documentation to use it  (I know it is a bit early so bear with me...).

A little problem I have regards the map. It's an old one because I have it in the stable release as well.
I am using Windows xp home edition wiht the latest gvSIG release.
Obviously, I read the manual (I am one of the Italians translator).
In short, when I insert an object into the map (e. g a North Arrow) it is diffucult to me to deselect the handles of the object.
More precisely, I draw my shape in the map with my mouse.
I click on the button in the Map's menù to pick my tools (e. g the North Arrow).
I press ok to confirm. At this point all the handles are already there.
I tried to double-clic or to press the right button but it doesn't work to deselect them.
If I click with the left button the window regarding the object shows up again.
In my opinion, after clicking ok to confirm the choice,  the handles should disappear (but I am not a software developer so I could be wrong).
I know I could click on another button to select another option but it is not a quick way to work.

I attached a screenshot with the map in the gvSIG's 2 beta version (maybe it explains better my problem).

I know it is a dumb qustion but It's really pestering for me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Silvio

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail: