[Gvsig_english] printing

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Thu Oct 16 12:27:30 CEST 2008

Hi Rory,
> Hi all,
>
> I think Benjamin's plan for vector export for editing in Inkscape is a
> good idea. Like Chris says, it would be a similar workflow to
> ArcGIS/Illustrator, but using free software that can individually be
> developed to each make the best of their role - gvSIG for the GIS and
> Inkscape for making it look good on paper. However, as Wolfgang says, it
> would still be nice to have a print functionality from within gvSIG
> itself, for quick print-outs.
It would be interesting to know, whether SVG *can* be used for this purpose or whether this format
would be suitalbe to substitute that ArcGIS/Illustrator (eps-Export-?) approach. Marcle mentioned that SVG would not yet be a solution for productive usage (Marcel, could you pl. describe that in detail?). I could imagine that gvSIG is not too far away from enabling users to create nice eps or whatever files that can be used in other layout programs. Therefore this "traditional" way should not be neglected.

Greetings,
Wolfgang