[Gvsig_english] German Umlaut (ü,ä,ö,ß) and encoding in gvSIG

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Mon Oct 20 18:15:10 CEST 2008

Hi, Wolfgang.

You can try this extension to read other charsets (in dbf files) than
Latin1 (the default in gvSIG).

https://gvsig.org/plugins/downloads/extshalom

If you find useful the extension, or you have troubles to use it, please
let me know and I will try to help you.
The extension is not finished yet, but maybe some day I can find time to
end it :-) . Anyway, it can be used, the only thing you have to know is
wich Charset are you using in your dbf file.

Kind regards.

Fran Peñarrubia.
www.scolab.es
gvSIG Team.