[Gvsig_english] Little wish about the gvSIG's manual

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 21 16:13:44 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

With the upcoming gvSIG 2 release It would be great to have an option to add the HTML manual into gvSIG.
The best would be have an F1 option to search something into the manual.

At present, you only have the pdf manual. But in my view there are two drawbacks about that.
First, you need a pdf reader (and you have to start it every time you need the manual).
Second, an user could not be aware of the existence of such a manual. I know it is a difficult but you never know :-)

In my opinion, an html version would be handy to read something fast when you are working with gvSIG.
Maybe, the html manual could be in different file (to download faster the gvSIG installer when you need it).

With Gimp, for instance,  you can decide to load the html manual in your program after the installation of the sofware.
On top of that, you can choose the language for  your manual.

At present, in gvSIG, the Spanish and English manuals are already available.
The Italian manual is nearly finished. We are loading the images and reading the text.
I noticed the German manual is proceding as well.

Best regards,

Silvio

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail:
Trucchi, novità e scrivi la tua opinione.
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog