[Gvsig_english] Use of world file.

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 10:15:50 CEST 2008

Well, if the raster map is in .tif format (and has that extension)
and the world file is present in the same directory, with the same
base name but extension .tfw, then you can just add the layer like
a regular raster layer. GvSIG should be able to associate the
dataset with the georeferencing information in the world file
and all should be OK.

Greening, Bruce wrote:
> I wish to use Russian raster maps from _http://maps.poehali.org/en/_
>
> These maps come with an OziExplorer .MAP file for georeferencing. I can
> use OziExplorer to produce a world file. (TFW)
>
> How then do I load the raster map into gvSig and use the world file to
> georeference it?
>
> ______________________________________
> Bruce L Greening
>
> Project Manager
> National Services Rail Team Leader (Perth)
>
> PB
>
> 1 Alvan Street
>
> PO Box 1232
>
> Subiaco WA 6904
>
> AUSTRALIA
>
> Direct: +61(0)8 9489 9756
> Mobile: +61(0)415 513 622
> Fax: +61(0)8 9380 4060
> Email: bgreening at pb.com.au
>
> www.pbworld.com
>
> ___________________________
> NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may
> contain confidential information for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use,
> disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration,
> dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify
> the sender immediately by replying to
> this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system
> and destroy any printed copies.

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES