[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Java on Mac OS X

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Thu Oct 23 17:07:01 CEST 2008

Ben,
In Leopard the terminal launches X11 apps (i.e. grass). To see hide folders

sudo defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
# and restart finder or
killall finder
# to hide again
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
# and restart finder or
killall finder
There are some apps to do it, but those commands should work. It's also a good idea to
check the X11 defaults
# script to launch X11
if [ -d "/Applications/Utilities/X11.app" ] ; then
        open /Applications/Utilities/X11.app
fi

# xterm - make sure X11 is in PATH
pathX11=`echo "$PATH" | grep '/usr/X11R6/bin'`
if [ ! "$pathX11" ] ; then
        PATH="$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin"
fi
export PATH

http://books.google.es/books?id=cQUnrIAaETIC&pg=PA517&lpg=PA517&dq=%22.command+file%22+macos+double+click&source=bl&ots=V98Iop8FU6&sig=1B6NzVF-1zPOd-3WLa_z9eKdCo8&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result

> >> --
> >> Benjamin Ducke
> >> Senior Applications Support and Development Officer
> >>
> >> Oxford Archaeology Ltd
> >> Janus House
> >> Osney Mead
> >> OX2 0ES
> >> Oxford, U.K.
> >>
> >> Tel: +44 (0)1865 263 800 (switchboard)
> >> Tel: +44 (0)1865 980 758 (direct)
> >> Fax :+44 (0)1865 793 496
> >> benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
> >>

> >> ------
> >> Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open
> >> Document Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit
> >> http://iso26300.info for more information.

> Benjamin Ducke
> Senior Applications Support and Development Officer
>
> Oxford Archaeology Ltd
> Janus House
> Osney Mead
> OX2 0ES
> Oxford, U.K.
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 263 800 (switchboard)
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 980 758 (direct)
> Fax :+44 (0)1865 793 496
> benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
>

> ------
> Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document Format). If
you have difficulty opening them, please visit http://iso26300.info for more information.

Dr. Agustín Diez Castillo
Departament de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Phone:   +34 963 86 42 42
Avda. Blasco Ibañez, 28   Fax:      +34 963 86 42 34
València 46010