[Gvsig_english] The Printing Issue: The "definitive" wish and development list ; )

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 24 16:00:52 CEST 2008

Hello Wolfgang and all,

First of all thank you very much for your hard work regarding this list.
No wonder Germans are everywhere famous about their precision :-)

Regarding the Map's list I would like to add something in the bugs' list.
In the map there is a bug well known by Spanish developers regarding the export to pdf function.
When you change the colour in the background in the View from white to something else (e.g. yellow) and your map has this background (yellow) such a colour is "lost" in the pdf exported (the pdf background is always white).
I verified this bug both on Windows xp and Windows 2000 with the latest gvSIG release.

About the wish-list, Spanish developers asked us to write something else so here it is:
1. My first wish is having no bugs regarding the map tool. Actually, I know it is impossible so bear with me :-)
2. Speaking seriously, I would like to have the option to draw some arrows in the map. At present, you can only draw lines (no arrows).
Another option is to create an arrow with Inkscape and import it as svg in the gvSIG's map.
3. It would be good to rotate the North arrow and colour them (as you can do with the other tools in the map).
At present, you can modifiy the North arrow with Inkscape and load your version in the gvSIG's map.
3. Another wish is to have an option to choose my shortcut regarding a tool in the Map (or in the View)
The easy way for developers could be add some shortcuts by default (now there are few shortcuts in my opinion).
The very best is the option to add some personal shortcuts.
This is very important when you work with a graphical software (Blender is famous for its shortcut).
Working with Gimp, I find quicker using the keybord instead of the mouse (I only press something and the tool gets activated).
In the end you learn all shortcuts by heart.

About the testing part I would like to add something about Scribus,
Scribus development is proceding slower than expected!
The really good version will be the 1.3.6 one but it is really far...
All Scribus developers are volunters so it is nobody's fault!
In short, right now, it is important to use the 1.3.3.12 version not the 1.3.5 one which is not ready yet.
I can do some testing with Scribus in the future.
Unfortunately, right now, I am translating the gvSIG's manual into Italian.
I suspect the other Italians translators are going to kill me if I don't finish my translation part quickly :-)

Best regards,

Silvio