[Gvsig_english] "bleeding" polygon themes and how to repair them

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 17:07:56 CET 2008

Dear developers,
I think you know that problem: a polygon theme has some polygons those
boundary is not perfectly closed. Thus, when opening that layer, the
polygon "bleeds to death" - the whole view gets coloured.
Well, I just had this to happen - in ArcView 3.2.
When opening the same layer in gvSIG, nothing happened. This is strange, isn't
it? Is the vector layer defect or not?
Now, I am in a "catch 22" situation: which program is telling a lie? gvSIG's
or ArcView (you will say "AV of course", grinning... )
In order to find out the truth, I would like to ask you, whether gvSIG will
provide once a possibility to find out defect geometries. It would be really
great, if such a tool would be available in the future. This tool would be
even better, if it would not just repair a layer, but (before) tell the user
where the problems lie (for example by selecting the defect polygons
graphically). Otherwise, everything is a blackbox to me.

All the best,
Wolfgang