[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile

Kurtovic Zdenko kuzo at c4msystems.com
Thu Oct 30 16:47:18 CET 2008

Hi Javi

Thanks for your reply.

Am 30.10.2008 um 15:20 schrieb Javier Carrasco:

> Hello,
>
> The Road Map is very outdated and we have not released yet a newer
> one. I just can advance you that a new release will be launched this
> november with basic vectorial editing, custom forms, GML, KML, GPX
> and export functions.
>
> We don't have any plans for propietary GPS protocols, if you want to
> develop this drivers it could be useful for the project.
>
> The active developpers right now are:
>
> - Juan Lucas Dominguez (PRODEVELOP)
> - Carlos Sanchez (PRODEVELOP)
> - Jorge Sanz (PRODEVELOP)
> - Vicente Sanjaime (PRODEVELOP)
> - Miguel Montesinos (PRODEVELOP)
> - Javi Carrasco (PRODEVELOP)
> - Alberto Romeu (PRODEVELOP)
> - Juan Guillermo Jordan (LISSIT)
> - Manuel Planells (LISSIT)
> - Eustaquio Vercher (IVER)
> - Vicente Caballero (IVER)
>

> Pressing "X" doesn't close the application, but just minimize it (is
> the default behaviour in Pocket PCs). If you start gvSIG Mobile
> again, you will recover it just as you left it. Would you like gvSIG
> Mobile to ask before minimizing?

Kuzo: No, it is fine so!

> Of course, you can open Shapefiles stored in the storage card. Look
> at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN1AMYr7NgI to see how
> to do it. Have you found the small button on the top-right corner?
> It shows a small help window with some information about what every
> button do.

Kuzo: Yes I sow it and tried to import small shp file, but didn't show
it on the screen. Will try again.

> We are working on an english manual but not in a german one.
> Fortunatelly there are language files to translate the application
> into german. Translating the manual into german could be a very good
> opportunity to support the project too.

Kuzo: How far you are with english one? Regarding german we will have
a meeting in week or so and let you know if we can contribute there. I
think yes.

> What do you exactly mean by rough DTM modeling with GPS?

Kuzo: I mean to create the DTM with every new point which has been
surveyed with GPS ( if in the proper layer which has been chosen as
DTM layer ). I used this feature since 1993 in other SW and it gives
you great advantage in the filed knowing how the surface look like.
Making a DTM
Once the user has 3 dimensional data on the screen all that must be
done is for the user to press the DTM regenerate button.

On the main button bar.  gv SIG Mobile will then start scanning the
data and triangulating the DTM.
When it has finished the DTM will draw on the screen.