AW: [Gvsig_english] Direct read integration of GPS-Photos

Sebastian Hofer - MBK GmbH - Abt. Datentechnik shofer at mbk.de
Wed Sep 3 15:32:03 CEST 2008

Hola Miguel,

> AFAIK, that feature it's not planned for future versions.

That is your decission. As I said: The GlobalMapper developer did a proof
that the basic function can be added in one day.

> There is a plan for generating geotagged photos in gvSIG Mobile, but not
in the short term.

Oh, did not know the gvSIG mobile. Got to look at it. But it has not
directly to do with my ideas.

> Nevertheless, I think it's a good extension, and I like your approach.

I don't think it should be an extension. I think it will become core soon,
like reading shape, geoTiff, ... People start to realize that tagging pix
with placenames, etc. is bullocks and ambigious. And gps-exif-info is
getting normal. Look at all the pics in google earth, panoramio, locr,
flicr, ...

> Do you fancy to develop it? At gvSIG team we could provide you with help.

Nice from you! But I left programming after a lot of avenue and a bit of
python afterwards. I should start from scratch again, I guess :o(

I would do too many buggies ...

Cheers,

Sebastian

  <http://www.gps-kamera.eu/> www.gps-kamera.eu