[Gvsig_english] PostGIS connetcion: limit the listing to granted tables

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:38:43 CEST 2008

I'm evaluating various GIS clients to do distributed editing on PostGIS layers.
I've seen that Gvsig  lists all the tables inside a certain DB,
indipendently by the user permissions on them. I mean, if I have
tables A, B and C, and the user "foo_user" has GRANTS only on table B,
I would expect that the client would filter the response list, showing
only the table B. Actually the user "foo_user" can see all the tables,
raising an error if he tries to load tables A and C...

The only client managing this is Qgis, while uDig behaves the same way as Gvsig.

Giovanni