[Gvsig_english] Gvsig mobile installation problem

Carlos Sánchez Periñán csanchez at prodevelop.es
Wed Apr 1 12:09:37 CEST 2009

Hello Jean,

We have detected that the GPS on gvSIG Mobile could have problems when the device have another programs whose use GPS port.
On Windows Mobile there're two configurations one directly to the physical GPS device port and another to a virtual port. If some program configures the GPS physical port, no more programs will be able to access it. So, there's only one way to share a GPS configuration between programs, this is using the virtual port configuration to all GPS programs. You have to find out your virtual port number from your device and use it, even on gvSIG Mobile, Tom Tom, etc...

Hope it helps.
Best Regards.

Carlos Sánchez Periñán
Equipo desarrollo GIS