[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and sqlite spatial support?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun Apr 19 18:02:03 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if there are any plans to support sqlite in the future?
More precisely, about sqlite, I mean the version with the spatial support. That is, right now, the software spatialite 2.3.
For anyone interested in taking a look at spatialite the link for its web-page is: http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/index.html

Currently, I am aware all developers efforts are necessary to release gvSIG 2 :-)
Nevertheless, in the future, with an improved OGR spatial support for sqlite, it would be really great to use it.

At present, I am starting trying Qgis 1.1 on Linux (the developer version) with spatialite enabled and I must confess it is really promising (no need to install Postgis anymore...).

By the way, Qgis 1.1 (now the developer version) is going to have the support for creating charts and diagrams.
At present, gvSIG doesn't have this option. Nevertheless, I read in the roadmap gvSIG is going to support this feature in the future too :-)

In conclusion, it is really magnificent to see the Open Source GIS softwares reach the commercial software's regarding all the features needed for an average GIS user :-)

Best regards and keep up the wonderful work

Silvio

Best regards,

Silvio