[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and sqlite spatial support?

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Mon Apr 20 13:17:32 CEST 2009

----- "Benjamin Ducke" <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

> SpatiaLite could become THE file-based open standard for GIS data
> storage and exchange. We would then finally be able to pass data
> between different open source GIS without information loss or the
> necessity to do annoying conversions.

Should not be limited to open source GIS. GIS is crying out for a proper standardised (as in controlled, published, non-patent encumbered) file storage for projects. The standard development should be done under the auspices of Digistan to ensure it is not hijacked by the pay-for software companies i.e. that the resultant standard is of use to all without payment etc..

Regards

Chris

------