[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9-RC1 (unstable) now available.

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Wed Aug 5 10:53:00 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang and all.

As you probably know RC versions are not completely stable versions but
almost stable versions. The aim of releasing this versions is to expose
them to users (above all for those who don't try developing builds),
which have lots of new test scenarios, in order to find possible
"hidden" errors.

Besides, we still have some errors that we must fix before the stable
version so we´ll keep fixing bugs for some more weeks. Depending on the
errors reported by users, we could get the stable version along
September (more probable at the end). Notice that what was planned for
September was gvSIG 2.0 RC1, not the stable version, and probably it
will be delayed some weeks.

Regarding build numbers, by default, the higher number it has, the more
stable it is. So, yes, 1243 is expected to be better (more bugs fixed)
than 1242 (RC1 version).

Best regards,
Manuel.

PS: I'm looking forward to your answer regarding keeping sellection in
secondary table after undoing a link. Did you notice?

Wolfgang Qual escribió:
> Dear gvsig-Team,
> thank you very much for this information. The only thing that worries me
> a little bit is the label "unstable".
> Is it possible to give an estimation when the stable version of gvSIG
> will be published (2.0 release is planned for september..)
> Ah, another question: the RC1 seems to be build nr. 1242, but there is
> another build 1243 - which one should be preferred?
>
> Best regards and again many thanks for your work!
> Wolfgang
>

> comunicacion_gvsig en gva.es schrieb:
>> Trying to meet the deadlines announced last April, the first gvSIG 1.9
>> Release Candidate (gvSIG 1.9 RC1) is now available [1].
>>
>> After fixing the majority of important errors detected, the
>> stabilization phase of this version is coming to its end, at which
>> time we will release a series of RC distributions so that they are
>> tested by as many users as possible.
>>
>> We remind you that gvSIG 1.9 RC1 is still an unstable version, so we
>> recommend you not to use it in a production environment. However, we
>> encourage you to test it and send us any errors and suggestions so
>> that we can release the stable version as soon as possible.
>>
>> Likewise, we would like to remind you of the main new features of this
>> version:
>> - Advanced symbology.
>> - Advanced labelling.
>> - More raster tools.
>> - More CAD tools.
>>
>> Consult the new features complet list at [2].
>>

>> [1] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=2062&L=2
>> [2] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=2067&L=0&L=2
>>

>> Please don't reply this email, if you wish to contact us, send an email to
>> comunicacion_gvsig en gva.es
>> News Office
>> gvSIG project
>> Regional Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport - Valencian Government

Manuel Madrid.
Proyecto gvSIG (http://www.gvsig.gva.es)
Asistencia Técnica Externa.
Conselleria d'Infraestructures i Transport.
Generalitat Valenciana.
Valencia (Spain).

Este mensaje, y en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, puede
contener información confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo del
destinatario, quedando prohibida su divulgación copia o distribución a
terceros sin la autorización expresa del remitente.

Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje erróneamente, se ruega lo notifique al
remitente y proceda a su borrado.

Gracias por su colaboración.