[Gvsig_english] User documentation, demos, manuals

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Dec 2 02:53:19 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

How is gvSIG setup to handle user provision of on-line documentation,
demos and manuals by _users_?

The first and most obvious issue is that of copyright. gvSIG
documentation and software is covered with  copyright notices. How does
a user wishing to contribute documentation that includes pictures of the
GUI get permission to do so from the owners of the software?

Second issue is where to submit this documentation so others can find
it. The gvSIG webpage indicates that it will eventually provide a place
for this type of data but it currently does not. Personally I don't
think creating a new page on my company's webpage would be appropriate
because others will not necessarily look for this type of information in
this location. I also note the there is no other Australia users on the
mail server, or at least none willing to reply to my previous postings,
which could collaborate to form a local user group.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated
--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd