[Gvsig_english] GVsigmobile installation problem

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Dec 15 09:17:19 CET 2009

Hello, you only have a chance to use gvSIG Mobile if your device has WIndows Mobile or Windows CE 5.0.

The latest version of the pilot is gvSIG Mobile 0.3:

http://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-mobile/devel/piloto-0_3/piloto-0_3_0/275/

Try these three Java virtual machines. Install each one on the root of the PDA and test their demo applications to see if they work:

1) In this message there is a link where you can download J9 for Windows CE 5.0:

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2009-March/003165.html

2) In this message there is a link where you can download J9 for Windows Mobile:

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_usuarios/2008-July/005598.html

3) You can download Phoneme from here:

http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~davy/phoneme/?q=node/10

(download the ZIP file called: "phoneME Advanced - Personal Profile bXXX" for your operation system, unzip it in your PC and copy the "phoneme" folder to the PDA)

If anyone of them works, install also gvSIG Mobile (copy the CAB file to the PDA and click on it).

If the demo application works but gvSIG Mobile does not work, send us these files (if they exist):

\gvsig_mobile_exe_is_alive.exe
\gvSIGMobile\gmobile_launch_log.txt
\gvSIGMobile\log\*.*

The file "gvSIG Mobile.exe" should find out the name of your SD card. Are you trying to start it with the EXE or with a LNK file written by you?

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)