[Gvsig_english] Export Shapefile behaviour with Joined Tables

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Dec 22 23:23:14 CET 2009

Hi,

Follow up observations...

I have found the "import fields" options. Despite this I still think
that the export behaviour is inappropriate, especially as it creates a
table that violates fundamental rules.

I used the "import fields" option and it worked quite well except for
the following minor bug.

Note that when you change the name in the field listing by inserting a
character at the start of a name the cursor moves to the end of editbox.

As mentioned I had problems with Active2005 being renamed J_Active20
when exporting. To avoid the truncation of the field name I called it
A2005. However since my programs searches for Active2005 I wished to
edit the field name back to the original name. So I clicked between "A"
and "2" and typed "ctive" -- what I ended up with was "Ac2005tive",
because once I inserted the first character the cursor automatically
went to the end. Following the insertion of any character within the
editbox the cursor is automatically sent to the end.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.