[Gvsig_english] Errors when closing file.

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Dec 23 08:41:14 CET 2009

Hi,

Anyone know what this is due to?

I have opened other projects but not triggered this response, so it is
something I have done today (labeling and setting up maps).

Using a copy...

If I delete the map nothing happens.

If I delete the shapefile with a complex symbology (circles along a
line) the problem goes away. I presume this is a bug. I inserted the
line file again with no problem so it is not a corrupt shapefile.

What I did is opened a line file, selected choose symbol, and clicked on
properties... Used arrow decoration and selected  the symbol 34, I did
not have a problem for a while but changed the circle size down to about
6 pixels and the errors occurred after that. Unfortunately if I
reproduce these steps the error is not triggerred.

If I go back to the original corrupt file and change..
-- pixel size to 6, still crashes.
-- number of positions reduced to 19, still crashes.
-- change to straight line, still crashes.
-- remove shapefile from project and import again without existing
program, still crashes
-- remove layer, exit (with saving), open again, still crashes
-- remove map, still crashes

At least one of the saved versions is now working so this is now my good
copy, but is anyone has any ideas what went wrong I would appreciate
some feedback.

Could the error be due to loading a version of gvSIG OADA on my system?
I loaded up this alternative system last night. Problems only happened
tofday (although I have not made complex symbols before).

I kept a copy of the working and non-working project file. If someone
can tell me what to look for I can compare the files.
--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd