[Gvsig_english] Sextante Calculus tools

John Ladd jwladd1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:03:00 CET 2009

I'm not clear how the if() function in the Raster calculator works.  I
have a raster of negative depth values in an estuary (-100<depth<0).
All values outside the estuary are large negative numbers <-100.  I
want to set all large negative numbers to zero.  My understanding from
the if() description is that I should construct a statement as
follows: if(estuary_bathy.asc Band 1) > -100.  My undertanding is that
this will result in a raster where all values in the estuary are 1 and
all values outside the estuary are zero.  My idea is to multiply this
new raster times the original raster to obtain a new raster with all
zeros outside the estuary.  When I execute my raster calculator
expression, I receive a warning that I have a "wrong or missing
parameters definition".

Any help with this will be appreciated.

thanks
--